Written by Amanda Ennett Thousands of people have read and liked our article on the benefits of turmeric. Thousands more got excited when science confirmed turmeric as effective as 14 drugs. If you want to get healthy naturally, you need turmeric in your life.
Okay, so follow the links above and read about turmeric. Did you read up about the wonderful yellow-orange spice? No? Fine, heres a very brief lesson on the benefits of turmeric:
- Anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- Promotes eye and digestive health, and liver and blood function.
- Helps decrease bad cholesterol, balances sugar levels, and aides in weight-loss and weight-management.
Those benefits alone should get you excited!
More reasons to have turmeric daily:
- Turmeric aids in fat metabolism.
- Turmeric is a natural pain killer.
- Turmeric is excellent for skin health.
- Turmeric is excellent for people suffering from arthritis.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-histamine which helps fights allergies and nasal congestion.
Turmeric is SO AMAZING, but it begs the question:
How does one use turmeric?!
To get the most bang-for-your-buck benefits out of turmeric, use it raw. Fresh turmeric root is easy grated, chopped, blended and juiced. You can even store it in the freezer and grate a little off each time you want to use it to season recipes.Cooking destroys nutrients, so add it last.
If you followed the first link above you saw the Saturday Strategy on Turmeric and the juice recipe here:
Coconut Turmeric Milk
- Juice or blend enough fresh turmeric root to make a 14 cup.
- Boil a pint of coconut milk until warmed.
- Mix and enjoy.
Pineapple, Turmeric, Ginger & Cherry Juice
Juice or blend (always blend in dried ingredients):
- 1 pineapple (skinned and chunked)
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root or 1-2 teaspoons organic powdered turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root or 2-3 teaspoons organic powdered ginger
- Enough cherries for 1 cup of fresh juiceor 1 cup organic unsweetened tart cherry juice
- Honey (optional)
This tea can be made in a batch using the following recipe:
- 1/3 cup pure, raw honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated or dried turmeric
Use 1 tsp. for each cup of mildly hot water. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Green Turmeric Juice
- 2 inch piece of turmeric
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- 3 carrots
- 1 lemon with peel removed
- 1 cucumber
Kickin Turmeric Tonic
- 3 lemons, peeled
- 4 cups coconut water
Juice (or mix in):
- 4 inch piece fresh turmeric (or 2 tsp organic dried turmeric)
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger (or 1 tbsp organic powdered ginger)
- A dash cayenne
- Raw honey (optional)
By Amanda Ennett
At home, this mom and busy wife doesnt let daily stress stop her from eating clean and training hard. On the job, Amanda uses her BS in Exercise Science to aide physical therapy patients and transform her personal training clients. On her off time, she loves to write about her main passions: nutrition and healthy living. Amanda considers herself a self-proclaimed health fanatic living by the mantra let thy food be thy medicine.
Follow my facebook page @ AJs: Fit n Beautiful [https://www.facebook.com/Fit.n.Beautiful] and on instagram @fitnbeautiful
Article originally posted on Fitlife.tv republished with permission.